Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Reply to JET

Excellent post Jason. I have to say I am very interested in the Impetus rule set, and I am very much looking forward to getting a copy as soon as I can.

Last night I listened to a portion of episode 4 of THACO and to a good part of episode 23 of the D6 Generation. There was an interesting story on the D6 Generation about a new product called Foambuilder which allows for a made-to-order foam storage cases for upwards of 2 or 3 times the number of miniatures currently able to be stored in products by GW and other companies. For just one example of their product, 12 Khador jacks including the Behemoth were stored in one section of 5 inch deep foam. The material itself is purported to be firmer than anything available at this time, and customization (name, army, symbols etc.) is also an option.

That said, THACO is very much about roleplaying and the anecdotal history of 4 guys that have roleplayed for a good few years, and so I am pretty well finished with that (Mark and Jim from Fell Calls are on it) and the D6 Generation is becoming very long. I could be a misanthrope I guess.

The best podcast I have listened to lately is episode 45 of Meeples and Miniatures, in which Neil Shuck interviewed/discussed the 2008 world of miniatures with Henry Hyde of Battlegames magazine. Great podcast.

While I was listening to Podcasts last night I hand primed, and then painted the first coat of various shades of brown onto, 20 or so horses for my Roman cavalry, including the first coat of leather on the saddles and trappings of 10 of them (a unit of Newline Designs (now SHQ) EIR cavalry. Pictures of these to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment